Follow Us On Facebook
and on Pinterest
Price $49.00 per person
Location: 4125 NW 18th Drive, Gainesville, FL 32605
December 5th, Thursday
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
January 9th, Thursday
6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
January 22nd, Wednesday
6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Seats fill up fast so reserve your spot today!
What You Will Learn
- Barbecued Chicken Drumsticks
Murasaki Sweet Potatoes
Is the Instant Pot you got for Christmas still in the box? Perhaps it got as far as your kitchen countertop but still unused? Eliminate your fear of what can be your “right hand pan” in your AIP kitchen. Sign up for this class and bring your Instant Pot along so you can learn on the same one you’ll be using at home on your own.
What you will learn:
- How to safely operate your instant pot, including how to use the quick release valve.
- How to use the Instant Pot to make delicious bone broth in less than 60 minutes.
- How to speed up meal prep by using the “set it and forget it” method for dishes that previously needed your attention.
- How to use the Instant Pot to “batch cook”.
What To Expect: Great cooking is about more than just recipes—it’s about techniques. In this class you’ll work to alongside other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our personal cooking coach.
- Classes are 2 hours
- Hands-on classes are limited to 4 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- You will receive digital copies of all dishes made in class
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off any foods and/or supplies purchased the day of class.
- An opportunity to donate the 10% of the total food or supplies purchase to a local food pantry.
Cooking for Your Lifestyle recipes are developed using only ingredients listed only on the autoimmune protocol (AIP). All ingredients used organic and/or locally sourced, unless otherwise stated. If you have food restrictions that go beyond what is allowable on the AIP, please contact
email@example.com to request accommodations before the class scheduled date.
I’m Mary Ann Hastings, and I am excited to be your instructor for this class. I have been cooking on the autoimmune protocol (AIP) for the past seven years. Although the AIP is effective diet to address autoimmune conditions such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis (which started me on this ‘healthy cooking/eating” journey), it can be difficult to implement and stick to. If you don’t know how to cook or you don’t like to cook (or both), it can be even more challenging…But… that’s where I can help you.
I do not pretend to be a nutritionist, dietitian, or any other healthcare professional. It is not my intention for anything that is posted on my website or any other Cooking For Your Lifestyle – published material to be taken as medical advice. Rather, my goal is to teach you how to:
- Safely prepare and manage foods according to ServSafe guidelines and procedures.
- Implement the diet your doctor or healthcare professional has recommended
- Manage your time and relationships to maximize compliance with the AIP and minimize disruption to your life.
- Prepare delicious real whole foods that are more delicious than you ever imagined possible.
You may have noticed that the location for this class is actually my home. Why? Because a home setting such as mine most approximates the setting in which you will be cooking to implement this diet. As a certified ServSafe Food Protection Manager, I will be teaching you all of the same principles of safe food handling and management as I would if the class were being held in a restaurant or certified kitchen. The difference is the setting. My personal preference is to learn a new skill in an environment that is most familiar to me and with tools and equipment that I have. Seem like a good idea? Click here to sign up.
Cooking for Your Lifestyle recipes are developed using only ingredients listed on the autoimmune protocol (AIP). All ingredients used are organic and/or locally sourced, unless otherwise stated. If you have food restrictions that go beyond what is allowable on the AIP, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodations before the class scheduled date.